Dear family!
Sorry I haven't been writing letters. I don't have a lot of time to write, just like Tyler said. I only get Mondays to write letters really, and I like to use my study time for actually studying :p. Please know that I am not intentionally ignoring you, and will never intentionally ignore you!
My time here at the MTC so far has been great and has strengthened my testimony. I can clearly see all the blessings that the Lord has given me. For instance, I do not miss any of my family or friends, but instead just love all of you more! I hope that all of you are doing well, and if you're not then I hope the Lord will bless you with the things you need to be doing well. The Atonement is there for all men and women to use for any problem that might be in their life. And I mean every problem, or concern.
I leave the MTC on August 21, Michael's birthday! So I guess that means I'll be able to call home and wish him a happy birthday!
So here is a funny story, last night at a fireside, the speaker asked all the Elders/Sisters that have been baptized in the last 2 years to stand up. He then invited one elder and one sister to come up to the stage to talk about their conversion story. What the speaker got was 2 Elders and 1 Sister hahaha. There is no way that the extra Elder thought that he was asked to come up. He was on the complete opposite side of the room. Anyway, Elder Kramer is a bit of a legend now because he just tanked his way up to the stage without even being asked, and then just started baring his testimony haha. I don't know, just a goofy kid, I guess.
I have been sick the last few days with some kind of sinus infection. But the MTC doesn't know about that because we don't want to be quarantined in our rooms. I think tomorrow I'll have made a full recovery.
I saw Logan today and Trevor yesterday. Both of them are loving the MTC right now, and I think they are picking up the language pretty well too. I have no worries for them.
Chelsea, Sorry I haven't replied to your letter yet. I will soon, I promise!
We have to teach so many investigators as English speaking missionaries. It can be pretty difficult. But all we really have to do is invite people to read and pray about stuff and help them understand the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Sometimes that can be challenging. But it is best to just have patience. If all you can do is plant a seed of faith, then so be it.
I am so glad that I know the true Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. He blesses me with everything that I need, and helps me get through all the trials this life throws out at me. I love my Lord and know that he loves each and every one of us personally and will do anything for us if we just have faith in Him and come unto Him.
I am praying for you all, and I thank you for all of your prayers. Know that I am happy and safe.
With love to all,
Elder Benjamin Rencher
No comments:
Post a Comment